Friday, May 02, 2008

Wrap & Roll @ Hai Ba Trung St

This was one place I had heard of before coming to Vietnam, yet only set foot 4 months later. Having promised Lindy to get her the rice paper spring roll, un-steamed, un-fried, I figured I couldn't go wrong here. Yeap, definitely would not go wrong.

Yummy! Shrimp wrapped in rice paper, filled with noodle, basil. coriander, parsley, mint and dipped in fish sauce. Now, if only I can find a home-made variant.

Steamed rice paper filled with shrimp


A paste-like sauce, akin to the Malaysian rojak. Suspected to contain shrimp paste.


Crab meat wrapped around sugar canes, grilled to perfection


The various filling that goes with the grilled crab meat

Grilled cuttle fish


Fried rice, with dried shrimps and slices of ham


Trying to produce a decent spring roll....



My first attempt

Second attempt


Oh, forgot to mention that the grilled cuttlefish had a stalk of spring onion drillled along its spine



My third attempt


Che Ba Ba (I think it's the Malaysian bubur cha cha)



No comments:

NuffNang