Friday, May 02, 2008

Ghafor Khan bin Mirbas Khan @ Jeff

I received news of a colleague's passing this morning. He was a really nice family man, who provided all sorts of assistance to everyone in the office in his capacity as a despatch.

It was an unfortunate accident. He was hit by a lorry whilst riding in Klang, and succumbed to his injuries. I was told his liver failed. Jeff left behind two young children age 2 and 9.

This is another wake up call. Riding a bike. The sudden change in a person's life. The people that comes and go in our daily life, as we move about never thinking if we've said the thanks due.

I remember the last I saw Jeff was during my visit to the headoffice in February. I think we spoke for all 3 seconds, as I brushed about to get things done, whilst he went about his usual tasks.

We managed to say "Hi, how're you mate?". Hardly justifies the friendship and what transpired today. So what now?

Start going around contact everyone, expecting life to change or end all the next instant?
Or stop rushing, take the time to slow down and talk meaningfully to every person that our path crosses?

My prayer goes to you Jeff, and to your family. They've lost a good father, husband, and provider. God bless.

1 comment:

Khan said...

Hi

Just found this whilst surfing the internet. Was a bit surprised because I never thought of doing this name searching on the internet before.

I am Abdul Manaf, Jeff's younger brother by the way. Thanks for the rememberance and the kind words. Will miss him always.

NuffNang