Thursday, March 20, 2008

What's the cause of staff turnover?

I remember reading an article, which did a survey on why good employees leave a Company. Of the many reasons cited, the main, and by far the largest percentile, claimed that they do not see eye to eye with their immediate superior.

Not because of benefits.

Not because of overtime.

Not because of the Company, sans the illegal or its many quirks and incapabilities.



It's because of a poor leadership that is factored by many little, little things. Someone once told me, "Do not be loyal to the Company, but be loyal to the Brand". I think, I choose to be loyal to the leader, and nothing else.

I believe in a strong leader. Who works with integrity. Who is decisive, for the right reasons, and is willing to uphold the decision. Who will not push the blame, whence the authority resides with them.

But when the leader leaves,....



I guess this is how loyalty is built. And from this, you will see if all those years you've given had been appreciated.

No comments:

NuffNang