Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lei kong mot ye?

The group came in, 5 strong. An entourage of ladies, yound and matured, led by a man his late thirties probably.

I didn't pay them much notice, though by their looks, not a local for sure. Until they started to place order for dinner. Somehow, the cantonese reminded me of home.

I sneaked a glance over my shoulder. The lady looked my way. I smiled. She smiled. Fellow Malaysians, I told my dinner mate. No Singaporean can speak Cantonese that way.

She came by to say hello. Her name was Kim. We had a chat.... Ahhh... indeed Malaysians, on a short visit to Saigon. Their purpose, the introduction and setup of Amway.

What makes this encounter unique, was the coincidence of whom she knew. Apparently her brother in law, was none other than a familiar name in Rentokil Initial - Yong S. F. (I hope I got the spelling right). Small world. Six degrees of separate indeed.

We chatted for awhile. Kim was forthright, explaining about the opportunities from Amway. I know I wouldn't commit, not my cup of "tra da", so to speak. But it was a pleasant enough talk. Nice meeting you guys.

No comments:

NuffNang