Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Annual increment

Right about this time, almost everyone would have received notice of their salary increment. It's always been a norm for many, that the increment hardly ever makes a dent in their paycheck. Afterall, what's an increment anyway?

The general workforce had gotten so used to raising their hands and seek increase pay, that the question to ask had been forgotten.

  • Had I done extra well, extra work, and taken on extra responsibility to earn a salary increment?
  • Am I asking for an increment in line with the geographical economy?
  • If I had done the same work throughout the years, do I deserve to seek an increment?
Naturally, no one had bothered to ask these. It's always...

"Year's up. How much is my increment this year?"


What do you think?


No comments:

NuffNang