Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An excerpt taken from The Star, 12th March 2008:

"MALACCA: Although assuring continued development in Malacca, newly sworn-in Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Ali Rustam said the “drive” to spur development within the city may be disrupted.

Mohd Ali said he would have to “think twice” with regard to new projects coming into the city as hopes of making it a more vibrant one had been dashed owing to DAP’s control of it.

“We wanted to develop it further but the rakyat is not so interested.

If there are new things (projects), maybe I have to think twice,” he said, adding that he would not shift projects which had been previously earmarked."

Moving down the page...

"“I had a vision to brighten and liven up the city but this drive (semangat) may be disrupted now,” he said, adding that that was the reason for his appeal for voters to support Barisan in the polls."

Why say such things?
Is accepting a new "partner" to manage the "corporation" such a bad thing? Is sharing the Vision a big no-no now?

The article reeks of emotional blackmail.
Isn't it no different from saying "I can't invite you to my gathering, because you had refused to cheer for my when I trounced the class clown"

A leader leads with grace. Not take mandates to the heart.

Read the whole article HERE.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

NuffNang