Thursday, August 23, 2007

What's good and bad in the hospital

As the world embarks on the new economy, changes happen to the way people sell. Even hospitals sell, in particular the private ones.

My 2 nights stay at the Subang Jaya Medical Centre had opened by eyes to some very interesting revelations:


  • They strive for hospitality. From the moment you enter the lobby, you'll feel as if you had just walked into a five star hotel.
  • They treat you very well. The nurses and staffs smile a lot. They speak politely, they are kind. They are also quite attentive.
  • They want you to stay as long as possible. Even if you feel fine, they'll insist that you stay on another night. "Stay, and relax". That's what they told me.
  • They believe in learning by experience. I had so many student nurses come by to take my blood pressure, body temperature, heart beats. Not that I mind. :)
  • They take your feelings seriously. They talk to you a lot, especially when you're enroute to the operation theater. Of course, you'll have to be conscious.
  • If it's not an emergency, it can wait. Truly, the ER staffs were working very fast, even if it's to redress a wound.
  • Discharge is not a nice thing. That's what I felt, when time comes to discharge. I had to wait from 7.00am to 12.00pm just to get discharged. C'mon, I know it's insurance money, but 5 hours to discharge???

Nonetheless, I'd still recommend SJMC. The professionalism of treating patients are there. The quality of service and food is commendable. The staffs are truly friendly, even at 3am in the morning. Of course, upon emergencies, ya.

No comments:

NuffNang