Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dinner at Pizza Uno, USJ Taipan

I finally ventured out of the house, ever since discharged from the hospital. Family went to Taipan for dinner at Pizza Uno.

Guess what, I hopped from the car to the restaurant, about 5 shops away. Normally, the walk would had not mattered much to me, being newsstands, lottery shops and a mamak.

Today, it mattered a lot. First, I garnered lots of attention, this "disabled" guy hopping along the corridor, holding a walking staff (Not stick. Too small to support me). Then, everyone gave way, with a most pitying kind of look. Even the guy who was yapping on his mobile interrupted his conversation, to apologise and move away to give me an obstacle-free path.

So this is what being limb-challenged is like.

I arrived at the restaurant, amidst stares from the patron, and the staffs. Maybe it's because I was sweating profusely in the cooling, air-conditioned establishment. Maybe.

Anyway, dinner was good. The pics can be found in the FaceBook link above, and in Flickr.

Cheers!

No comments:

NuffNang