Friday, September 21, 2007

Reflections, over Ice Cream, Banana and Chocolaite!

What do you see in a mirror?
Do reflections give a real sense of who you are?
I looked in mirrors all the time. Strangely, I'd feel the reflection is never me.
Ever compared a photo of yourself, and the mirrored you?
Is it really the same?


Slurp!
"Do you have bananas today?"
"Yes sir, we do"
"I'll have one"
(A conversation at Secret Recipe)
This had been all-time favourite, since my childhood. According to Wikipedia, the Banana Split had been around since 1904. Oddly, in the western hemisphere, this dessert is usually associated with drug stores!
Hmmm... sweet tooth and diabetic pills in a package?
The key ingredient - banana. It has to be the sweet variant, and nicely ripe so as not to be too soft, or too hard.
The other ingredient - whipped cream!
Cherries, nuts, chocolates... those are optional.

That's a friend who did much to introduce Melaka to me. Even went as far as trying to convince me to settle down in this town, often times by showing me the food spots, short cuts, fun cuts and drunken nights...
I'll do him justice by an official introduction:
Birth Name - Mavin Krishnan
Blood Heritage - Indian Chinese
Commonly Known As - Too Explicit to Say



No comments:

NuffNang