Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Lord, My Saviour

One topic came up, whence I knew Joshua's a pastor.

Me, being a first generation Christian.

First generation, being the acceptance of Christianity NOT because the family were. I accepted, my family did not.

I didn't say tell him Dad was brought up a Christian. That his family lienage includes a Catholic nun. That's not my life. Simply, it's not related. It's a personal acceptance.

Joshua did hit some right notes though, as to what being a Christian is. I'm not going to quote him here, as what was discussed may be wrongly interpreted by reading.

I've not been to a Church for awhile. I liked churches. It gives me a sense of peace, of being in the midst of purity. That's what I'd like to believe. Doesn't matter the fact it's a congretion house. It's a place for those who believe to meet.

I've not been there, because I didn't feel comfortable amongst the fellow lambs. But I try my best to live my life as how the Lord would want me to; or how I think He would want me to.

Nonetheless, I was born a sinner, lived a sinner, and perhaps eventually, I might do enough good to earn the Saviour's sacrifice.

Knowing is one thing. Doing, is another. Praise the Lord. Amen.

No comments:

NuffNang