Sunday, September 25, 2005

Stomp! Stomp! Stomp!

Heya!
What a weekend I had... I had a marathon plethora of shows these past 2 days.

First up was FlightPlan. True to form, Jodie Foster did her panicky-mother-out-to-protect-her-daughter role to amazing finese again. This movie reminded me of Panic Room, one of the movies that Jodie made quite an impression on me. No doubt, FlightPlan had it's dull moment, which at times really made us believing that Jodie's mad. The growth of the Air Marshall character was shallow to me, though I supposed it's intended to be, as some sort of subplot to showcase her acting talent.

Today, it's Stomp, the stage performance of everyday-things' percussion. With a cast of 8, the whole hall was filled by rhythmic tempos of varying speed and loudness. It's interactive, and keeps the hearting beating harder and faster every moment. I especially enjoyed the notes made by the black rubber hoses, which had a certain sweet hollow sounds to it. Of course, I must also mention that main highlight was very engaging and captivating. Trash cans, water drums, oil drums, wash basins.... the lists go on and on...

Thanks, Hsin Yee, Terence and Siew Keng for a really good day.

No comments:

NuffNang