Thursday, September 01, 2005

Anniversary dinner...

Happy National Day yesterday! Yeap, it's this Country's 48th celebration of independance. After 48 years, the excitement somehow had wane considerably. Understandably, everyone's feeling the effects of inflation. Mana ada mood?

On the other hand, I had a private celebration of sorts. It's a belated birthday cum "anniversary". I splurged a little here. Bought her a lovely diamond pendant and necklace. I think she likes it, though she was expecting more of a ring? Sigh, wouldn't be right, isn't it? After all, we've said our goodbyes and had our share of flowing tears. Still, I miss her. Took her to a fine dining Italian restaurant. She had a seafood soup, and goose pate with fillet steak. I had lamb racks. Excellent dinner. Boy, I think that's the most expensive dinner I've ever spent on anyone. She's worth it. The smile on her face says it all.

Sending her home was the hardest part though. I held her as long as I could. Wouldn't even want to let go, until we reached the doorstep. Wished I could hold on to her the whole night. Last night, I had the sweetest dream of her, in my arms, like before. Think this dream will not be visitting me anytime soon again. Wishes...

No comments:

NuffNang