Saturday, June 28, 2008

People vs Dog vs Gadgets

Six months had given me plenty time to ponder and come up with a winner in this 3-way wrestling bout.

People, the evolved beings that self-learn, change, adapt and has a will that determines their action, had by far been the hardest to comprehend. It is without a doubt, the will given to each individual, could only be influenced to bend by the environment the person survives in. There are the willing, the unwilling, the self-sacrificing, and the selfish, and then there are the stubborn. You would have thought, unwilling = stubborn. It is not so. Unwilling is due to circumstances. Stubbornness, to ignorance.

Dog, the only one chosen over a myriad of choices. It is my biased preference, with others standing by beings that matters to them. I believe in the total obedience, adoration, and fairness both ways. As much as it comes without reservations, these higher beings do have feelings, and will. They behave just like people. They know to be happy, to show excitement, query. Strangely, they understands abandonment, they fear. But they are never selfish. An instinct to survive, only when threatened; never selfish. Stubborn? No. Stupid? Yes.

Gadgets. Why is this in the match? I include this as it represents the reliability that applies to all. The creation of geniuses, out of necessity, and at times out of laziness. For those who had come to rely of these gadgets, they will agree that reliability of gadgets, are as far as the precautions we take. So then I ask, if we know to take precautions for them, do we know to take precautions over the other two?


Who won?



Reliability ~ Gadgets
Simply because we know it's bound to go wrong, we know what to expect, and we know how to fix it.

Trust ~ Dogs
Unwavering. They're there when you need them. They're there when you don't. Just make sure its vice versa.

Intelligence ~ People
Developed mind. They have it. Do they use it? (I know I am part of this category).

The list goes on. The answers depends on the one who grades.



Why do I post this?



A learned person would say I may be disappointed with the human race. But since I am not the leader of men nor cities, then simply I may be disappointed with myself with the fact that I have a companion of unwavering loyalty, that I distanced for long period of time. To find myself in a different part of the world not too different from mine, yet the beings lacking far in the will to be better. Then again, since I am one being in a large, large place I believe I have an opportunity and choices. I have not seen it all yet. In other words, I am looking in the selection puddle. I should be seeking the pond, or the lake, or the sea.

No comments:

NuffNang