Saturday, June 07, 2008

Happy to be home

Ahh... it certainly is homecoming. Back to the place that I spent a better part of my childhood, growing up day by day.


To be greeted at the door by mum, and JD. For a moment there he couldn't figure out who I was... the next, he's up on two legs - his usual way of happy greeting. Dad's inside watching
tennis.

It is so nice to be home. To walk on familiar ground, knowing where everything is.

Nevermind that the flight was delayed an hour. That I went without dinner, and the first meal I got off the plane was two pieces of cold, soggy "yau char kuey". I'm home. Even if it's for a couple of days, I'm home.

It is so nice to be home.







JD's asleep at his usual spot now. Foot of the bed. I'm up, blogging from my bedroom. My bed. Ahh.... It's so nice to be home.

No comments:

NuffNang