Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Still no broadband

It's been almost 3 weeks. Still no broadband at home.
Yerks! This is no good. I can't connect with my family without the broadband.

Till now, I'm still experiencing the culture shock. The country's not exactly well off, and yet technologically they are. Then again, customer service and efficiency is still lacking, far far behind. Even a village back home would have been more prompt.

I bug things to move, it stretched half an inch. I bug it again, it stretches again. At this rate, no wonder progress cannot be achieved.



Oh, I've been zipping about town on the scooter. Finally I get to learn the road, the driver's way. Moving on the opposite side of the road is not that bad, really. Though couple of times I did scare the wits off some motorcyclists. Forgot I'm supposed to be on the right side of the road....

I'm down with a tummy ache the past 2 days. Must have been a bad combination of food. It's not too bad, though the day's been uncomfortably long. I'll get over it eventually (no Chi Kit pills here). Serves me right for not asking what the menu says. Stupid me pointed to a dish in Viet, and I got prawns for lunch. Of all the food that I can take, seafood (prawns, especially) is the hardest to gauge its freshness. Sigh....

Time to go home. Time to spend the lonely nights without broadband again.

The landlady says tomorrow, they will rectify the connection. That's what they said on Satuday. They didn't show up. So tomorrow afternoon. I'll wait and see. Let Vietnam impress me.

No comments:

NuffNang