Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Errrrrgggghhhh!!!!!!

I just got back from the apartment, with the landlord and the ISP technician. They came, with an attempt to rectify the broadband problem. By seeing this post, my reader would have guessed that things went badly wrong.

The day started off problematic. First the tap ran dry halfway thru my shower. Hence, very limited water to wash off the soap. Apparently, they decided to do some piping rectification without annoucement.

Reached the office, we experienced power blackout at 10:30am. Another Wednesday blackout. Every week. Without fail.

Fine. To the apartment at 2:00pm. ISP technician figured the modem's fine, the connection's fine, my notebook's fine. So probably it's the ISP's side that's not fine. Oops, forgot to mention, this technician wasn't from the ISP office. He's engaged with another ISP. Landlord messed up (I'm not surprised).

So fine again. He called Viettel, the ISP for this connection. Ran thru the IP for the modem, all is fine again. Oh, needs to reconfirm the password for this connection.




You guessed right, no password available. Called owner in HaNoi. Can't find the contract. Oh wait, the contract may be kept in with the rest of the documents in the bedroom next door (one cupboard still retained by owner for personal belongings). Aaaaaaand... roommate locked the door.

What else could go wrong anyway? Being on the 11th floor, the last thing we would want is a power cut. And that's wishes come true. It was a BLACKOUT!

All thru the day. A waste of time. A waste of resources. A waste of money.


This, my faithful readers, is Vietnam.


My colleague here felt bad hearing my laments about her Country. Don't be. It's not your fault that you were born here. Had you seen what I've seen, you'll understand my feelings too.

No comments:

NuffNang