Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Another morning in Ho Chi Minh

As was the case in the past 2 days, the cacophony of horns blaring away woke me up early. People here do start their day like us. Traffic zooming along from 6.00am onwards. The unusual part, is the day's bright. Seems I'm not going to be able to get any sleep after 6.00am.

I'm starting to miss home. The nights in the hotel room is long and arduous. Not that my colleagues are not around to entertain. We've all had a long day, and longs for some rest. It's just that my internal clock registered it as way to early to sleep. Plus the lack of connectivity, the availability of National Geographic as the only English channel, plus the inability to move about on my own. This is like tying down a bird's wing. I long for my independance to move about. I miss my mobility. At times, it's rather strange how much a transportation would mean to a person.

Sigh, only time will help. We're still sourcing for a suitable apartment to fit the 3 of us. As is the case, proximity to town, and budget takes the priority. I only hope there's WiFi in that area. I can only hope....

No comments:

NuffNang