Saturday, October 20, 2007

October Dilemma

Two exciting news came to me this week. Obviously I had not expected either, but it's much welcomed.

One was an opportunity to get back to Central, with a renowed oil&gas Company, pushing the retail business. The description given was a role of upholding the Company's standards, drive the sales, and help the station owners achieve the benchmarking. Sounds interesting? I was, at first.

Then came news number two. Vietnam.
How'd I like to go over to Vietnam, and assist with the growth and stabilising a business that's already in motion? The offer came from a highly respectable person, whom I had absolute trust, and respect for. Sounds even more interesting? I replied Yes.

Now comes the big issue. Who's going to take care of JD whilst I'm away?
I've heard that dogs feature highly in the exotic menu, and that there's hardly any strays around. I was also told that Vietnamese culture is not really into having dogs as pets. Meaning to say, bringing JD over with me is a no-no. I'll be risking him being served on someone's dinner table.

Parents? I doubt they'll want to have the burden.
Sister? She's still staying with my parents, so it's the same as above.
Give him away? I can't bring myself to do so.
Give up the career opportunity? He's wouldn't understand, and I'll be mad to do that.

This is a dilemma. Ai Yai Yai...

No comments:

NuffNang