Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Scour the web, see the world...

It's lunch break.
With not much else to do, besides munch on carbs, I decided it'll be good to scour the world wide web, and see what's happening.

First place to start - Other blogs.
I'm surprised to find stuffs I'd never expect to see, just by clicking "Next Blog" again and again...
Found a site about a trans-sex living in Manila... then another site popped up about a same-gender loving brother... then site about comics... then site about American Idols... then site about hot chicks online :o !...

Come to think of it, whatever it is that they blog about, it's basically their life. Their interests. No wonder today's daily claimed that political bloggers can write all they want, the number of readers are still small to have much impact. The phrase was "bloggers write for other bloggers to read".

Meaning, only bloggers read my posts. Only friends who knows I've got a blog would pop in occasionally to see what I'm up to, that is, if they're interested to know. Or sometimes, they'll pop in after being reminded to pop in... hah! Pop away!



I've been re-reading my very thick copy of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, in preparation of the launch of The Deathly Hallows.

Speaking of Hallows, I was arguing with a buddy who runs a bookstore, that there was a typo error in his advertising. I told him there was no such word as Hallows. Needless to say, he dragged me over to the dictionary section, and we started combing tomes after tomes of dictionary. True enough, only one had the word. And it's equally as unclear.... So to Ask Oxford I turn.

hallow
/halo/
• verb 1 make holy; consecrate. 2 honour as holy. 3 hallowed greatly revered.
• noun archaic a saint or holy person.
— ORIGIN Old English, related to HOLY.


Hah... the amazing language of English. Another new word, which I doubt any of us would be using it much. Can't expect us to go round hallowing stuffs and people, rite?



No comments:

NuffNang