Thursday, May 10, 2007

Joys of achievement

Ever shared in the joy of another person's success?

Today, a sales consultant of mine walked into my room, with red eyes, and the first thing she said was,

"Give me a hug"

I was naturally concerned, and wondered what happened to her. We hugged. She sat down, and blurted,

"I did it! I closed the first breakthrough sale of our new product in Melaka".

Ahh, tears of achievement. That explains it. I'm happy for her. I believe, in the 3 years that she had slogged in my team, this is the greatest achievement for her. Not only did she successfully penetrated the market, she had managed to get the product placed in a high profile residence, and at the same time achieved her highest sales record for May in Melaka.

Way to go, Fiona. Now you just keep up the momentum, and it's guaranteed that you will see your efforts bear fruit.

No one, other than herself and I, would understand the hardships that she had gone through to get this far. She saw her biggest career growth in her 10 years of employment, through me. She had to bear the harsh words, silence and ignorance by the top, all the whilst believing in herself and pushing harder.

Now, success.

It's momentary. It's for the day, the month. But she got it right. Now to keep going. To go where they had wanted her to go, but gave up. She must make it there.

"Ut sementem feceris ita metes" - As you sow, so will you reap

No comments:

NuffNang