Friday, April 18, 2008

I'm back to Saigon

Finally back in Saigon. So the big question now is, what is the difference between Ho Chi Minh and Hanoi.

I'm going to list the Pros and Cons by Blue and Red for both cities. Mind you, this is a personal opinion, from my observation. Feel free to comment on it.

Saigon

  • Better traffic system - probably due to the organised town planning of a square lattice of road system
  • Cleaner air - less construction, less haze
  • Healthier living - less congestion, large parks
  • Business like - the living purpose is to earn an income
  • Deadly - buses on the road runs like it's trying to run you down

Hanoi

  • Nicer views - lakes and french architecture
  • Convenient shopping - same wares are sold in the same street
  • Mythical and romantic - full of history, culture, statues
  • Deafening - drivers honk until you give way, and road hogs don't give way
  • Weather - it is definitely cooler up north

As for the food, I cannot veer in either direction. I love to eat, and love everything that I ate. Be it in a restaurant, a hidden shop in an alley, or backpacked canned food and bread.

No comments:

NuffNang