Saturday, November 10, 2007

Apathy, Don't Care...

After all these time in the workforce, I still let the nitty gritty stuffs get to me. The one thing that made me upset easily, is the reluctance of people to move their butt and participate.

It could be as simple as a group breakfast. Each time such an event is organised, it's always red carpet invitation for the office ladies. By red carpet, means I have to climb up to the office, turn off the lights and stand by the door until they get out.

Or when it is an invitation to a colleague's house party. A colleague! Not a stranger! As expected, everyone will suddenly come up with ridiculous reasons not to attend. And I ended representing the office. And what happens when people do not feel welcomed or belonged? They leave. And then it's my freaking problem to find replacements.

Damn! The next one that leaves, I'll make sure someone goes along.
Wanna be a hermit? Go hide in a cave. Vacate the office seat for a person willing to work and adopt the vision. Don't slow us down.

No comments:

NuffNang