Sunday, June 10, 2007

Breakfast at Starbucks...

Ahhh... a truly nice Sunday, all the time to myself, to rant, to rave, to while away without a care... almost.

Family's all out of town. JD's peacefully asleep, keeping a half open eye on the house. Lindy's lazing away at her mom's. All business taken care off.... finally, time to myself.



Now, what the topic of the day? I've just gotten myself a new pair of Hush Puppies with the $100 voucher I redeemed from my Citibank Card (got rid of the card too....). A shoe a year, that's not too bad. B'sides, it's more of a rare thing for me, to shop for clothes. (Come to think of it, that's quite a nerd in me...)

It's interesting to sit here and observe the crowd. By here, I meant Starbucks, Sunway. I like their name. It's dollars and stars. Sure attracts the right crowd. Oddly, at 11.00am, the patrons here are mostly families having a late breakfast, or individuals online, doing goodness knows what.

Crowd starts piling in.


Today's special, Azuki Frappucino. What's
Azuki anyway? Sure sounds like an odd name for coffee beans.

Omigosh... 'cording to Wikipedia, Azuki (aka Adzuki or 小豆) is indeed a form of coffee bean common to East Asia and Himalaya. Azuki is a translation of the native Japanese name, meaning "small bean".

Duh! That's creative...



Anyone seen
Pirates? I did.

Not too bad, though nothing impressive to make it memorable too. Perhaps the boxoffice was an influence of Kiera Knightley, Johnny Depp, and Chow Yun Fatt.


I was chatting with KH last night; topic veered to
SLR cameras. I've had quite a few friends who uses a SLR to satisfy their creative needs, myself included. The difference, I grew up with a film unit, by Pentax. It was my dad's, and I believe it's referred to as the K series.

Seriously, anyone opting for a SLR, be it digital or otherwise, ought to consider carefully the uses and requirements first. Whilst there's no doubt that the unit carries a considerable optic range, good macro capabilities... there's also the all-time question of how much of the features are used by the casual photographer?

How many can truly say they experimented with the use of aperture and shutter speed? Do you know there's some very unique picture effects that can be achieved by manipulating these features? Try it. You'll realise a SLR can do wonders, which a compact can't. But You gotta learn to use it.

Me, I'm going back to basics. Thus you'll notice my intentions and research on the Canon Ixus series. Perhaps, when the day arrives that I do travel freely, freely as in clothes on my back, camera in my hand, I'll relook at a SLR.

No comments:

NuffNang