Friday, December 29, 2006

I'm 20/20

I got it done. Yesterday, I spent RM3800 to get my vision corrected to near perfect, via the use of Lasik technology.


That's me, prepped for the surgery. Here's what they did.

28th, Eye assessment to see if my eyes are suitable for the treatment. Droplets were placed in my eyes to dilate the pupil, to determine the thickness and pressure. Also checked were my vision diopter.

29th, 11am appointment. Last assessment by the doctor, and then they prepped me to undergo the zapping.

  • Doctor first gave my eyes local anaesthetic, then fitted wires to hold my lids open (did I mention she tapped my eyelids as well..)
  • She then capped a plastic ring over my eyes, and made an incision to create a flap, thus exposing my pupils.
  • The lasers came into action, and started zapping my pupils to correct my vision (at this point, I could smell my pupils getting cooked...)
  • Once done, she reattached the flap, and I'm off.

All this took place in under 5 minutes, and believe me, seeing the whole process thru certainly is odd.

No pain were felt, though the first couple of hours are quite uncomfortable. It was described as having sand in my eyes. To me, it was as if someone's pressing down on my eyeballs. Ergh!

Anyway, I now get to put behind the past 19 years of wearing a contraption on my eyes. I could see clearly, without any aid.

Eyahoo!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats my fren..u should have done it long ago !

Anonymous said...

Hey, curious what was your power prior to the LASIK?
How do you find it? Just kepoh kepoh

UjinYee said...

It was 4.25 each eye.
Now, it's been a month plus of clear vision.

NuffNang