Saturday, October 07, 2006

Happy Mooncake Festival

As above, it's MidAutumn (Don't know where on Earth, but it's MidAutumn).
Pity, we Malaysians gotto celebrate it hazily...

Yeah.. yeah.. I'm one day late. I know! Can't help that, but then again at least I got to taste a slice of those oily goodies. Kudos to modernisation - Sambal Mooncake!?

What's the story behind this festival anyway? All I remember was the tradition of lanterns (from the quaint little candle-lit to the battery-operated with audio built-in), sipping chinese tea under the moon, munching on groundnuts...

There was something about this young lady who got upset over some stuffs, and decided to "fly" to the moon... and a rabbit was involved... folklore about the MidAutumn.

The mooncakes came about as an ancient means of espionage communication, of hiding messages in gifts of food, which brought about a major coup of sorts.

Don't know what brought about the lanterns, groundnuts and tea.... folklore.

TL messaged me this afternoon. To pass me the invite card I believe. Maybe I'll get to catch him tonite.

No comments:

NuffNang