Friday, September 04, 2009

Rootian Seafood Restaurant, Kuah (Langkawi)

Our main reason for being here... the good food below!

Presenting Rootian Seafood Restaurant @ Kuah town centre, 04 966 0580.



The food hunters:




Good food is always accompanied by good drinks. For seafood, its definitely white wine.

Basic greens as I was still recovering from a nasty cough (worried I may be apprehended at the airport as I just recovered from a bout of fever)


Butter fried squid with curry leaves, an excellent dish that's never missed.

Two tiger prawns, split in half and stir fried in a creamy sauce. Each prawns the length of my palm.

Pan fried Oysters with egg


In Cantonese its referred to as meat crab. The huge claws and succulent flesh makes this a killer dish
And here's the killing bullet - crab roe in great abundance all down my throat as no one else wanted them... tsk tsk... this is gourmet food

Can anyone decipher the text on the shell?

Deep fried shrimp roll - a pretty good dish

The cost - RM217 (RM89.60 for the prawns! RM72.00 for the crabs! RM12.00 for the squid)
Pretty decent rates, judging from the amount of heart stopping stuffs I took.
* I ended up with a limp the next day. Suspected gout attack. Sigh.....



Couldn't pass the opportunity to get this - Louis XIII, RM4,800. The crystal stopper slotted into the underside of the cover.



No comments:

NuffNang